Sunday, November 24, 2013

portion size

Since thanksgiving is on my mind, here are some tips to help you control your plate and have to the correct portion size.
- Small plates helps because people will take less food and take in less calories.
-one serving of meat should be 3ounces, roughly the size of a deck of cards
-Smaller serving bowls will help because people will take less food as well


3 comments:

  1. I really wish I could follow this. But, if your family is like mine, the whole table is filled with food! We have a big family so it's hard to just follow a portion size when everything is out in front of you. But, I may go home this Thanksgiving and try this to see if it works. It makes sense and hopefully I will be able to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fast food restaurants in the U.S. need to seriously cut back on their portion sizes. Being able to "Supersize" a meal is disgusting! Portion control is really a huge key to getting the U.S.'s obesity epidemic under control! Another way to help with portion control is to eat 5 small meals a day instead of 3 large meals. The smaller meals help speed up metabolism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that portions should be controlled but with the holiday around it was hard to stick to such small sizes. But with this in mind and christmas on its way I will try to consider what you said. Also I was wondering if its possible to go under portion size? I know everyone always talks about going over but do people go under too much as well?

    ReplyDelete